Top tips for being productive whilst working from home!
There will be a large number of you who will be working from home as of tomorrow, as the Coronavirus continues to affect us globally. These effects are changing the way we think and do things personally, and in business on a daily basis.
Working from home can be hugely rewarding, but you need to keep your productivity high, communication channels active and ensure you maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Here are a few tips for you to help you achieve this:
- Plan your day – create a schedule and stick to it! Hour by hour with regular breaks and a proper lunch break.
- Workwear – dress as you would if you were in the office, this will keep you in work mode.
- Set ground rules – if other people are in the house, ensure you let them know when you are working so they can give you the space you need.
- Communication – for those of you who have been trained by Farrens or worked with us will know communication is KEY! Speak to your colleagues, via phone calls, instant messaging channels, video calls etc.
- Set up a dedicated work space – find somewhere in the house that you can set up an area which you can work from for the foreseeable future.
- Meetings – if you have meetings booked, hold them via video conferencing or telephone, show you are flexible to circumstances.
- Attitude – keep positive and stay focused on achieving your scheduled workload each day.
- Know your distractions – do not let these interfere in your day and if they are, find a solution to make it stop!
- Stay active – being home based can make you less active, when you have your breaks and lunch make sure you walk around and leave your office/desk area. If you are having a call and don’t need to be in front of your laptop – walk and talk!! Challenge yourself to a minimum amount of steps whilst at home.
- At the end of each day review your key achievements and create your plan for the next day.
If you would like any further information regarding working from home, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.